Monday, January 21, 2019

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO "BE KIND" FOR ME? IT DOESN'T MEAN TO BE A DOORMAT! (English version below).


COSA SIGNIFICA "ESSERE BUONO" PER ME? NON SIGNIFICA ESSERE FESSO- questo e' scontato! Perche' quando perdo la pazienza anchio m'incazzo! E mordo! Per me essere buono non significa farsi controllare o manipolare dagli altri. Ma essere buoni significa; provare, cercare d'imparare, di migliorare, di amare un po' di piu', e quindi di cercare di essere piu' buoni ogni giorno. Questo e' importante per me, che credo in Dio. Infatti e' quello che c'insegna Dio. 
CAPISCO CHE PER ALCUNI, ESSERE BUONI EQUIVALE AD ESSERE FESSI. Ma questa e' la prospettiva degl'ignoranti e dei maligni, e dei non-credenti. Io che ho fede in Dio; non posso accettare questo modo di pensare, che andrebbe contro i miei valori CRISTIANI. Quindi tengo a quello che Dio insegna (specialmente i 10 comandamenti). Quindi, di quello che pensa il prossimo, di me, m'interessa solo relativamente. Perche' in fin dei conti- all'ultimo- sara' Dio, il mio Creatore e Signore, quello che mi ha amato, nell'eternita' (prima, ora e dopo!)  per sempre! Sara solo Lui, Dio, Gesu'  Cristo, che mi salvera' e mi dara' LA VITA eterna. Infatti, quando ci troveremo davanti a Dio per essere giudicati; sara' la nostra fedelta' e il nostro amore verso di Lui, il nostro impegno e sacrificio verso il bene comune- verso il prossimo- a salvarci... E non quello che pensa o dicono gli altri. Ho fede in Dio e sono tranquillo, anche perche' spesso mi ricordo il detto saggio: RIDE BENE CHI RIDE L'ULTIMO. Ci pensera' Dio a scansarmi dal male e dai maligni! Lo ha fatto fin'ora! 

DEDICO QUESTA RIGLESSIONE A Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Un'uomo che ha dato la sua vita per LA PACE e i diritti civili dei neri e  dei poveri negli USA. E per il Suo esempio Cristiano.
(c) Ottavio Lo Piccolo, 2019. Diritti riservati.


WHAT DOES IT MEAN “BE KIND" TO ME? IT DOESN’T MEAN TO BE A DOORMAT! This is obvious! Because when I lose my patience, I can get mad! And I can bite too! For me, being good does not mean being controlled or manipulated by others. But being good means; to try, to try to learn, to improve, to love a little more, and then try to be a little kinder every day. This is important for me, because I believe in God. In fact, it is what God teaches us.

I KNOW THAT FOR SOME, TO BE GOOD, IS EQUIVALENT TO BE A FOOL- or a DOORMAT. However, this is the perspective of the ignorant, the evil, and of the non-believers. I have faith in God; hence I cannot accept this way of thinking, which would go against my CHRISTIAN values. So I hold on to what God teaches (especially the 10 commandments). So, what others think of me it only interests me- relatively- up to a point. Because ultimately –in the end- it will be God, my Creator and Lord, the one who loved me, in eternity (before, now and in the future!) Forever! It will be only Him, God, Jesus Christ, who will save me and give me eternal life. In fact, when we will find ourselves before God to be judged; it will be our fidelity and our love toward Him, our commitment and sacrifice toward the common good – toward others- that will save us ... And not what others think or say. 

I have faith in God and I am calm, also because I often remember the wise Italian saying: LAUGHS WELL THE ONE WHO LAUGHS LAST. God will protect me and shield me from evil and evil ones! He has done it so far! And He will continue on doing it. I'm certain of it.


I DEDICATE THIS REFLECTION TO Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. A man who gave his life for PEACE and the civil rights of ALL African-Americans and the poor in the USA. And for his Christian example.
(c) Ottavio Lo Piccolo 2019, All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment