Monday, October 29, 2018

WHITE HOUSE OR HUNTED HOUSE? PRESIDENT TRUMP'S AMERICA IS GETTING SCARIER BY THE DAY! More miserable, divided, hateful, unpredictable, unreliable and chaotic.



The economy has gotten better since President Trump took office this past January, and so has the stock market. But are those two factors the only things that counts in America? I'd like to ask President Trump and his supporters these questions. Please hear me out.  
Is a country's greatness and success based only on economic prosperity? What about unity, tranquillity and calm among its citizens? What about social and environmental justice? What about equal/fair pay? What about treating everyone with respect- especially your allies? What about condemning dictators for their crimes against humanity, instead of idolizing them? What about treating the media with respect, instead of calling it fake/evil?
What about bridging economies/people, instead of building walls and spewing out insults and name calling? What about telling the truth? What about being getting along with all nations of the world? What about following American ideals and values of honor, duty before self and dignity in all actions?

I am an immigrant who has been in the USA since 1974, for 44 years, and I've seen a lot of presidents; beginning with Gerald Ford, and now President Trump. I regret if I some of Trump's supporters will be offended; I must say what I think, because the truth will set us free! However, I promise that I will be civil, respectful and considerate- something that has been missing in our country since this current president began to run for office. 

After 44 years of living in the US, I say with certainty, that President Trump is by far the worst president I've ever seen in my life. Why? The answer is obvious. President Trump hasn't been able to address most of the questions I asked above; he hasn't fulfilled them, except for the economy one.  

Don't get me wrong, I've voted for the Republican Party before, but politically speaking I'm an independent- someone who votes for any candidate- of any party that I like. I do not base my vote on candidate's party, but rather on the political candidate's ability to lead; to accomplish things for our country and has charisma, intelligence and dignity/respect. In other words I chose candidates that have the ability to make others listen and look up to him/her. So, I have picked candidates based on and the candidate's life experiences and my values

For me a political candidate must be of sound physical, moral and mental character- a person who is honest, can think/act right, has the ability and willingness to do good for all; and not just the few at the top, the richest and/or the well connected (lobbyists and corporate CEOs/ leaders). Therefore, I always try to vote for someone who shares my values, the things I believe in; peace, prosperity, the protection of human/animal life and the environment, and social and environmental justice.


Since the day I saw him speak on TV, during the presidential campaign,- I never thought that President Trump met those standards- that is why I  didn't vote for him. And I'm happy I didn't pick him and I followed my values- because although today America is economically doing better- it is not doing well in all the other aspects- those that make a country truly great.

Let me tell you of the things that scare/worry me about our country. I believe that- because of President Trump's rhetoric, inflammatory, derogatory and offensive words- our country is more divided and angry. This president inspires more violence and hatred with his words and actions. He is for more guns- he wants to arm everyone, including teachers. Does he realize that more guns aren't the solution, but will only bring more death? He wants to reinstate the death penalty as a deterrent, defense, to gun violence. Does he look at statistics? Is the death penalty be proved to work and deter violent crimes? I don't think so!  In fact, in a 2009 survey provided by Amnesty International USA; criminologists revealed that over 88% believed the death penalty was NOT a deterrent to murder. The murder rate in non-Death Penalty states has remained consistently lower than the rate in States with the Death Penalty.
(Source: The Death Penalty and deterrence- Amnesty International USA

https://www.amnestyusa.org/.../death-penalty/death-penalty.../the-death-penalty-and-dete...

He is ruining the environment; he has pulled the US out of the Paris Accord, an international agreement with 194 country, basically the whole world agreed to reduce global warming. He has overturned all of Pr. Obama's environmental protections, and opening up federal protected natural/pristine land for oil drilling. 

President Trump has also broken many negative records. let me give you a few.  His administration has had the most convictions by any other US president, and he personally has said over 4000 lies. He has increased the military budget to astronomical levels 756 billion dollars- the biggest war budget in the world! Has given the biggest tax cut to the richest people and corporations, and wants to cut entitlements; Medicare and Social Security benefits. And this is a lie because social security benefits/funds do not belong to the government, but to the workers who contributed into it! The government's only role is to manage it, not take it away! How can the middle class and the poor have a decent retirement without it? Trump doesn't care! That's why! republicans say that they protect life, the unborn, but have they passed a pro-life legislation and reversed Roe vs-Wade? No. They do not care for human life, because if they did, they would have enacted sensible/effective gun control legislation to stop the mentally unstable and teens from owning  guns, automatic weapons and the like!

In the end, the economy has improved- we don't need anyone to tell us because it is evident- we can see it by looking around us; people are working, construction projects are booming everywhere, roads are being repaired, and employers cannot find enough help/workers to fill their demand. However, that's not enough to make America great again, as President Trump has said since he started running for president. America is more than just an economic power (and military power), but it should also be a great moral and compassionate leader- something it isn't right now with this president and the Republican Party in power. 

America must lead with good high moral/standards- it must take care of the well-being/interest of all its citizens and the world, not just the rich, the powerful and the connected, as this President and his cabinet and his party have done so far. 

So, I'm sorry to say, that this president hasn't yet fulfilled this great vision for our country. President Trump, is in fact ruining America because since he is been in office. He isn't morally and mentally fit to be President of the US. At the next elections we must be more careful and chose/elect people of sound mind and moral character. That's what a great country needs.









No comments:

Post a Comment